Sunday, March 13, 2005

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

I propose that we sell it with a $300 opening bid, no reserve. We should put it in the featured auction group, which will cost us $20. I would suggest using Paypal, request input on whether we should accept Paypal from credit cards (which I believe will cost us about another $20 at $360). Any other suggestions (like what to put in the header) would be appreciated. I will certainly include a scan of the splash; should we include a scan of the crossword (which was mentioned in one email to the original seller)? I will also make sure to notify the two bidders below us that the comic is back on the market. Here's my proposed wording:

Here's one of the Holy Grails of Dell and Walt Disney collectors, Walt Disney’s Comics & Stories #1, from October 1940. Featuring the artwork of Al Taliaferro on Donald Duck and Floyd Gottfredson on Mickey Mouse.

This comic is in coverless condition. There is a chunk out of page 37/38 that affects three panels on each (out of 12 panels on the page). Aside from that the book is complete with clean, supple pages. The centerfold is there (attached at one staple), and there is no writing in the crossword or anywhere else in the book. It’s a perfect copy for those missing a centerfold, or just wishing to read the classic stories.

But wait, there’s more!

With this comic you will receive full-color copies of the front and back cover.

But wait, there’s more!

You will also receive full-color copies of page 37 and 38 (scanned from a reprint), so your enjoyment of this truly exceptional comic will be complete.

This beauty currently guides for $1,525 in good condition, but coverless it can be had for a substantial discount. The book is absolutely a steal at the starting price, so bid early and bid smart.

Please feel free to critique.

18 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Punkrat said...

I think you should consider using Paypal for credit cards. A $300 comic book purchase is often an impulse buy. Books that are sold without Paypal often don't receive fair market price.

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you got an interesting blog here! I'm definitely bookmarking you right now!

I have a Fantasy Knives site. It pretty much covers
knife related stuff.

Come and check out knife if you get time :-)

 
At 3:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you got an interesting blog here! I'm definitely bookmarking you right now!

I have a Fantasy Knives site. It pretty much covers
knives related stuff.

Come and check out knives if you get time :-)

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you got an interesting blog here! I'm definitely bookmarking you right now!

I have a Fantasy Knives site. It pretty much covers
Famous Knife related stuff.

Come and check out Famous Knife if you get time :-)

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Tactical Knives Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
Tactical Knives related stuff.

Come and check out Tactical Knives if you get time, Nice going !

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you got an interesting blog here! I'm definitely bookmarking you right now!

I have a Fantasy Knives site. It pretty much covers
collectors knife related stuff.

Come and check out collectors knife if you get time :-)

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a custom knife Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
custom knife related stuff.

Come and check out custom knife if you get time, Nice going !

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Frank Centofante Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
Frank Centofante related stuff.

Come and check out Frank Centofante if you get time, Nice going !

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you got an interesting blog here! I'm definitely bookmarking you right now!

I have a Fantasy Knives site. It pretty much covers
Brad Duncan related stuff.

Come and check out Brad Duncan if you get time :-)

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Tactical Knives Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
Tactical Knives related stuff.

Come and check out Tactical Knives if you get time, Nice going !

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you got an interesting blog here! I'm definitely bookmarking you right now!

I have a Fantasy Knives site. It pretty much covers
Custom Art Knives related stuff.

Come and check out Custom Art Knives if you get time :-)

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a fantasy knife Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
fantasy knife related stuff.

Come and check out fantasy knife if you get time, Nice going !

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Balisong Venturi Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
Balisong Venturi related stuff.

Come and check out Balisong Venturi if you get time, Nice going !

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you got an interesting blog here! I'm definitely bookmarking you right now!

I have a Fantasy Knives site. It pretty much covers
fantasy knife related stuff.

Come and check out fantasy knife if you get time :-)

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Text of Proposed Ad for WDC&S #1

Hey P, you have a pretty good blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Darrell Ralph Fantasy Knives. It pretty much covers
Darrell Ralph related stuff.

Come and check out Darrell Ralph if you get time, Nice going !

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure seem to get a lot of spam responses on this system. I even actually bookmarked this site right away hoping there will be useful information on it.

I wonder now if because I mentioned spam some one will spam the site with adds or blurbs for it. Why do these people have to ruin things. Damn Green Card lawyers for starting it all with the original spam message.

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nice blog you have here, its been ages since I found one so interesting. Take a look at mine if you like?sata hard drive

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

portable external hard drive, great blog man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home